5 Top Rejuvinating Masks with Honey
It is not always necessary to invest much on elite cosmetics to keep your skin fresh and moisturized. There are some budgetary and effective methods to combat the signs of aging, that can be prepared at home with products in your kitchen. One of these methods is a rejuvenating mask with honey. We combined five top recipes that are easy-to-follow and rewarding enough to try out. Please, keep in mind that the ingredients of the masks should be natural to achieve the best results. Also, if you are allergic to one of the components, please restrain from using this mask.
Honey-cinnamon mask is suitable for all skin types
The mask freshens the skin, activates blood circulation, and improves oxygen saturation of the skin.
- Mix 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon with the same amount of almond or apricot kernel oil and 1 tbsp. of raw honey.
- Softly massaging in the mixture, apply to the face along the massage lines, avoiding the eye area.
- Important: Cinnamon can irritate sensitive skin, so before using the mask try a skin patch test first by applying a small amount of the mixture on the inside of the elbow.
- If no adverse reaction is seen within 10 minutes, it is safe to use the mask.
It tones the skin, smoothes wrinkles, eliminates age pigmentation. It is not recommended for dry skin.
- Add 1 tsp. of honey to two tsp. of lemon.
- Mix it well and apply to the skin.
- Cleanse after 20-25 minutes with lukewarm water.
Honey together with yogurt intensively nourishes and moisturizes the skin, eliminating flabbiness and smoothing wrinkles.
- Mix 1 spoon of honey with the same amount of natural yogurt.
- Apply to the face for 20-25 minutes.
Ideal for dry skin.
- Boil 3 tbsp. of flax seeds for 5-7 minutes.
- Cool the mixture to a comfortable warm (around 105 F) temperature and add 1 tsp. each of Vitamin E oil and honey.
- Apply the mixture to the face without waiting for it to cool down completely and place a towel on top to keep it warm for 20 minutes.
Nourishing mask with honey and aloe
It nourishes, moisturizes, stimulates regenerative processes in the epidermis, helps restore the lipid barrier.
- Mix yolk of one egg with a teaspoon of honey.
- Add a tablespoon of crude olive oil and juice of two or three lower leaves of aloe, previously kept in the fridge for 14 days.
- Mix well the components. Apply to clean skin for 20-25 minutes.